Friday, December 16, 2011

FRANCE: Distances

Traveling usually teaches you about geography and different perceptions of distances. I've discovered French people have a much different idea of a long car ride than Americans. Lately I went to Google Maps to explore a little, see how far away from things I am and learn a little about my current place in this wonderful country.
These are some of my discoveries:

How far I am from Middle of Nowhere, Missouri (aka Kirksville)

I had no idea I was so close to Mordor. Oh, Google Maps...


How far I am from one of the most famous cities in the world. 


How far I am from the beautiful city I will be visiting in about two-three months!


I had no idea Narnia was in Australia.


I thought Hogwarts was in Scotland. Guess I was wrong.


Cosmic distances are a lot closer than I could have ever imagined.


London town! I gotta go back there some day...

Note: Point A is Poussan, the small town outside of Sete where I am currently living with my second host family. I got to school in Sete.

Thank you for taking the time to read this! Also, thanks to Rotary for sending me on this great adventure!

0 comments:

Post a Comment